Well....5th birthday, but she's 35 in people years ;)
I can't believe this little piggie is all grown up.
What a 5 years it has been.
Full of laughs, playing, snuggling...and yelling...lots of yelling.
Zoey has been anything but an easy dog.
Have you seen the movie "Marley & Me"? Well the sequel should be called "Zoey & I"
Everything that dog did in that movie I have experienced with this Puggle.
Including the jumping out the car window WHILE the car was moving.
Aside from her not so found memories, I thought I would capture my favorite qualities of my little sausage link.
Her famous under bite,
Her love for car rides,
enjoys relaxing on hot summer afternoons,
appreciates the toys I buy her (not)
relaxing by the pool,
respects the no dogs on the bed rule by impersonating a person, you have to give her props for that.
Steelers fan! (Bens Rothlis-dog-bone everyone)
enjoys being pushed in the swing
whip cream connoisseur
Shot-gun rider (even if there is already a shot-gun rider)
Fetch advocate
lover of lake days
Ed from the "Lion King" look-a-like
Master of the puppy face.
Miss Piggy, Puggles, Puggles-worth, sir piggies-ton, sausage, Piggie Robinson, Bean...Zoey has been a handful, but such a blessing.
It has been joked about that Zoey will do your taxes for food, and there is a lot of truth behind that.
So in honor of her favorite thing in the world (eating) I decided to bake her Doggie Cupcakes for her birthday!
Apple Vanilla Doggie Cakes
Ingredients
½ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup vegetable oil
1 Motts Applesauce
1 egg
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons plain yogurt
1½ tablespoons peanut butter
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, vegetable oil, applesauce, egg, vanilla extract, and honey until well combined.
Insert cupcake liners into a muffin or cupcake pan. Spoon mixture into cupcake liners, filling each about halfway.
Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
Allow cupcakes to cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir yogurt and peanut butter until mixture is smooth and creamy. Use a small spatula or butter knife to smooth a thin layer of the peanut butter frosting over each cupcake.
Happy Birthday Princess Piggie!
xo




























No comments:
Post a Comment