photo Header_zps260fadfa.png

Monday, March 25, 2013

Almond Flour Lemon Cup-ffins

I have a HUGE sweet tooth.

There is no reason to try and deny that!

The only Paleo or clean dessert I have attempted to make is my Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding :)

Which is amazing btw...

However, this weekend I felt wild and crazy and wanted to try and make something different!

So I attempted to make Paleo Cupcakes, which ended up coming out more like muffins, thus the Almond Flour Lemon Cup-ffins being born.

Even though I was trying to make something and it ended up coming out as something else...it totally worked in my favor!

Now I have an on the go breakfast!

wpid-IMG_20130325_065042.jpg


Ingredients

3 cups  almond flour

1/4 cup coconut oil, melted

1/2 cup  honey (I used local honey because my allergies have been horrible lately)

3 eggs

2 tbs. vanilla extract

2 tbs. lemon extract

2 tbs. lemon zest

1/2 tbs. salt

1/2 tbs. baking soda

wpid-IMG_20130323_184618_535.jpg





Directions

1. Preheat your oven to 325* and position a rack in the center. Line a cupcake pan with 10 cupcake liners.

2. In a large bowl, mix almond flour, salt and baking soda.

3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, lemon extract, and lemon zest until smooth.

4. Combine the Almond flour mix to eggs and honey mix and stir until ingredients form a batter (it will be thick).

5. Empty batter evenly into the lined cupcake tin.

6. Bake for 23-27min, until a toothpick comes out clean and they are golden brown on top.

wpid-PhotoGrid_1364219384950.jpg



Almond Flour Lemon CUP-FFINS!

wpid-IMG_20130325_065042.jpg



Enjoy!

 If you make these please share feedback, opinion, recommendations...anything!



1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover