Happy Birthday Matthew!!
Today is my fiancé’s birthday!
We celebrated last night by eating a home cooked Paleo meal, opening gifts and sharing a piece of cake from Freed's Bakery.
It was nice to enjoy time together through the hustle and bustle of the past couple of days.
I have always teased Matt about being "old" but he really is far from it!
Despite all the bumps and bruises this cowboy has endured, he still raises a little hell every now and then, riding tall in his saddle and working till the sun goes down.
Every day with Matt I still learn new things about him.
Things he did, things he broke (mainly) things he wish he did.
So in honor of his day,I thought I would share some Matt Facts!
. . . .
1. No surprise, Matt is an ex-bull rider. But did you know he rodeoed in Europe?
2. He's a Veteran and fought in 3 wars.
3. He's is an amazing cook!
4. He plays random notes and chords on the guitar and says he knows how to play...yes, dear.
5. He was a "pirate"? I still don't understand this one all I know is he was Captain Jack Handlebars.
6. He used to have a lip ring and wear eyeliner, boy have things changed!
7. His laugh is contagious.
8. He's deaf in one ear, I'm sure this works in his favor when I'm nagging.
9. He can build/fix anything, and if he doesn't know how, he figures it out.
10. The only movie that can get him choked up is 8 Seconds.
11. He plays with the goat by using the top of a trash can as his shield and a stick as his sword.
12. He trained his wild, uncontrollable dog in German. Worst idea ever!
13. He's the most loyal, honest and trust worthy person I have ever met!
. . . .
I wonder when age will get to him?
When will he finally say, "No, I need to sit this one out"?
When will he finally rest and let those old injuries heal?
Well, the honest answer to this is as long as he's breathing, you won't be able to keep him out of the saddle.
. . . .
There's a hundred years of history
and a hundred before that
All gathered in the thinkin'
Goin' on beneath this hat.
The cold flame burns within him
'Til his skin's as cold as ice
And the dues he paid to get here
Are worth every sacrifice.
All the miles spend sleepy drivin'
All the money down the drain,
All the 'if I's' and 'nearly's,'
All the bandages and pain,
All the female tears left dryin',
All the fever and the fight
Are just a small down payment
On the ride he makes tonight.
It's guts and love and glory,
One mortal's chance at fame.
His legacy is rodeo
And cowboy is his name.
Happy Birthday Matt! I love you!
xo








No comments:
Post a Comment