photo Header_zps260fadfa.png

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Super mom!

A few blogs back I wanted to share someone's personal success story.


I knew who I wanted to write about, but I want her to come to me ;)


Well she did.


She gave me the "ok" to share her story some time ago.


I have been busy and wanted to make sure I could really write something heart felt about this wonderful woman.


I met this heck of a mom, Shelby, a few years ago in college.


She is a military wife, accounting college grad, and the mother of two BEAUTIFUL children.


I just found out some news from Shelby yesterday, and I will talk about that in a few.


Here is what she sent me.


She is so humble so read what I have to say after what she wrote :)


. . . .


When I started my journey back in 06-07, I didn't know about Crossfit or Paleo. As a matter of fact, I didn't know a whole lot about eating right or exercise. I didn’t want to go to an actual gym because I was self-conscious. So I bought some regular gym equipment for my house. However, 3 years ago my husband stumbled upon Crossfit, got his level one cert and started slowly easing me into it. Then we found the zone diet and then moved on to Paleo. Paleo is easy because you know what you CAN'T eat. Paleo is difficult because of the things you can't eat. Preparation is key for successful Paleo. I still cheat, probably more then I should, but for the most part I stick to meat, veggies, fruit, seeds & nuts. Anyhow, when I started, I weighed 270lbs size 26 and now I am 160lbs size 10-12 at 38 years old. I feel better then I ever have. I still have my ups and downs of eating bad and some weeks I don't get workouts in like I should, but I'm an Air Force Wife of 17 years, and a working mom of two. Sometimes life just happens :) I will never go back to the way I was. If I can do this then anyone can do this…I promise!


                        IMG_1256


. . . .


Doesn't she look AMAZING!


Look at those arms!


Okay now I want to share a bit more about her, we all know how I LOVE to get sentimental : )


When I met Shelby, we were in Accounting 201, and then tried to take the same accounting courses together (and any other) each semester on.


Her husband is in the Air force and had to travel while she was still going to college and taking care of their kids.


Can you say super mom??!


She moved to Florida for her husband’s work, but she has a forever Vegas friend :)


Yesterday, I found out some devastating news.


Shelby has been diagnosed with lymphoma.


(I'm starting to get a lump in my throat)


What do you say to someone when you find something like that out?


Pray.


Pray.


Pray.


After seeing Shelby's amazing transformation, and being the super mom/wife that I know she is, I know she can get through this.


She has touched more lives than just the ones in her home.


Especially mine.


Knowing Shelby had a whole house hold to take care of and was still showing up to class every day, studied every night, and never missed a deadline, that taught me no excuses and pure dedication.


She always has a smile on her face, is hard working and is a fighter.


With that being said I KNOW she will beat this.


There is so much love for this women and I know everyone will come together for support and care for her and her family.


I know God will make sure this wonder mom and family will be taken care of.


We are all praying for you Shelby, you will beat this!


If you can get through McAllister's accounting course you can get through anything.


So much love headed your way friend.


May God bless you and your family.

2 comments:

  1. pulling for your friend! prayers from Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dana! You are a true friend and I love you for it. Most of all thank you for the prayers! Love you

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover