Succulents!
I can't get enough...really!
Remember the ones I planted back in February?
Click here for the original post.
I can't get over how much they have grown.
Some of my succulents have become "leggy"
I started propagating a few months ago and was worried with what the outcome might be.
I have killed more plants then grown in my life time.
But surprisingly they have been doing very well!
Little baby succulents!
So since I haven't killed these ones...yet...I decided to propagate some more in preparation for spring next year :)
How to Propagate Succulents
1. So like I mentioned, it's best to propagate succulents that have seem to out grown their current container.
Succulents get "leggy" when they are not getting enough light. So they try and reach out to it
2. Starting from the bottom of your succulent, grip a leaf firmly and gently twist back and forth until the entire leaf comes off.
3. Before you put your succulents in soil, make sure that the ends callous over and are dry. If you put them right into soil they will get too much absorbed water and could rot and die.
4. Once the ends have calloused, place the leaves right on top on the soil and stick the rosette into the soil. I very rarely water them at this stage. I usually don't water until I see small buds starting to appear.
Succulents are so easy to propagate and will actually do it on their own.
I didn't plant those really small succulents, those are from the leaves falling and they began to bud and took root.
Here is what they look like when they start to form a root.
I will post an update on them in a few weeks or months depending on growth.
Fingers crossed I can give an update on most if not all :)
Good luck little succulents!







No comments:
Post a Comment