photo Header_zps260fadfa.png

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Happy Anniversary to our Home!

As I am sitting here waiting for supper to finish, I realize, we have been in our home for a year now!
WHAT?!
Where did the time go?!
It seems like only yesterday we were moving into our first home.
For the first few months I was pretty convinced our house was built on an ancient burial ground, considering all the bad luck we had.

BUT...

I am ONLY going to focus on the GOOD as I toast to our ONE YEAR of home ownership!

Let's see...

Ok, I have to admit, I took little to NO pictures when we first bought this house (and still don't).

Lucky for me, everything can be found on the internet.

I do regret not having something to show me just how much we have really done.

I am always so focused on what more needs to be done.

Sooooo I thought I would post what before and afters that I DO have!

Before

Kitchen

After!

Moved the fan, updated baseboards and painted!

Want to learn how to make the "Family" sign? Click here

wpid-IMG_20131019_190717_573.jpg

wpid-IMG_20131102_185303_170.jpg

(semi) Before. This was during reno when our shower was leaking into the kitchen wall...ugh!

Again ancient burial ground.

wpid-IMG_20130426_193005_124.jpg

After.

Matt installed those sconces, built the bench and painted. The bench serves as storage too :)

(he also put in two recessed lights where the fan was)

wpid-IMG_20130802_171351_146.jpg

wpid-IMG_20131102_185314_039.jpg

wpid-IMG_20130819_050018_532.jpg

Now for the main attraction.

The dreadful yard.

Bless Matt's heart, really.

He knew this was going to be a MAJOR project home and he knew our one and only contractor was going to be Ashworth's and Sons

But he knew this is what I wanted and he was ready to make it everything I had dreamed of.

Before...

DSCN0018 DSCN0017 DSCN0016   Back yard    wpid-IMG_20130308_143627.jpg
wpid-2013-03-10_15-17-19_304.jpgwpid-2013-03-10_15-18-02_70.jpgwpid-2013-03-10_15-17-48_450.jpg

After...

Matt put in a hitching post and made it a wash rack.

wpid-IMG952771.jpg wpid-2013-02-16_17-36-52_788.jpg

Got our first (Charlie Brown) Christmas tree...and planted it.

wpid-468602_3882296907954_978355883_o.jpgDSCN0019

DSCN0021 DSCN0015

We later got another baby tree

wpid-IMG_20130526_082527_550.jpg

wpid-IMG_20130721_101735_996.jpg

got rid of our completely unreliable gate and fence...

wpid-2013-03-10_15-18-18_107.jpg

and replaced with an iron gate and new wall and installed sprinklers for the arena.

wpid-IMG_20130614_163743_035.jpgwpid-IMG_20131102_172824_926.jpg

aaaand for the icing on the cake....

wpid-IMG_20130616_115843_384.jpg

Grass :) aaaahh my favorite part!

WOW!

I can't believe how much really has been done.

What's on the list for the next year?

Well if you remember from my post back in...MARCH?! ugh... We had to rip out our master shower.

Click here to read about that awful day

So since March me, my fiance and future brother-in-law have ALL been sharing ONE shower.

Luckily for our schedules, it really hasn't imposed a problem on anyone.

BUT I DO have some exciting things to post on that, but that will come at a later time.

Let's just say...I should be posting on the master shower oh so soon!

I can't wait to see what fun project we...well I come up with ;) luckily Matt enjoys them all...so he says!

.     .     .     .

Need help with DIY's? Have questions on HOW TO's?!

Feel free to reach out to us!

Anywhere from: bugets, to upgrading ideas and how to save the most money and get the most done... we have become experts!

XO,

Dana

2 comments:

  1. Your house is now your home. You guys did amazing things. Looks awesome. I love the window seat and the family wall. Jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! I am REALLY happy with the way the family will is turning out! Just need to start thrifting more and getting good pics of the WHOLE family ;) I want to cover that wall with memories

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover