photo Header_zps260fadfa.png

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

China Hutch design attempt No. 1

My taste in home decor/design is a collaborated mismatch gathering of vintage, rustic (farm house) and the new trending term "Shabby Chic".
If it wasn't for pintrest, I would have no idea what any of that meant.
Where this is going...
A good high school friend of mine, Stephanie, has such a creative bone!
She has picked up furniture refurbishing and is doing such a wonderful job with it.

Just check out one of her pieces below


Isn't is BEAUTIFUL!

I have always loved those french/cottage china hutches, so after talking with Steph, she ventured out to find me one.

Behold!


This is the BEFORE

Steph has been working away at it and has sent me some progress pictures, and guys, its going to be cute!

I was going to try and tap into my "color" side and do a robin egg blue, but decided to play the safe card and do white/off white.

I can't wait to share the final product!
In the meantime, I have been trying to think how I am going to decorate my new lovely piece of furniture without having my multi-design personality take away from the hutch.

I have decided to make a "draft no. 1" and go from there.

China Hutch Idea-draft 1

What do you think?
I love updating our home and doing projects, but actually decorating is a bit of a challenge for me.
I don't know how people do it!
I will be pinning and polyvoring (new word!) for the next couple of days.
Please share ideas I am open to anything!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover